Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Pizza Pie Cafe

multiple locations
Pizza can be very good or very bad in my opinion. Many say that pizza is good if it is a Chicago Pizza piping hot with doughy crust and crispy cheese baked on top. Some say they like the New York style: thin and served by the slice, made simple. I am a fan of the California style pizza. When I tell people that they often think of the the restaurant centered around which I am not a fan of. The California Pizza is modern and innovative with such pizzas as potato and clam. It often serves pizzas like Apricot Bacon Marscapone and balsamic vinegar like at Tonys Neopolitan Pizza in SF. What is best about it is that it is different.

I went to Pizza Pie Cafe on Friday evening and had the Pizza Buffet (who doesnt love an 8 dollar pizza pasta and salad buffet?). By far the Buffalo Wing pizza was the best after I put cheese on it. It has a tangy taste to it but others have found it spicy. The potato pizza was hearty. I tasted a subtle white sauce on it but I am not quite sure. If it isn't on there they should use it, it would work great. There are other "more normal" pizzas too after all their slogan is something like "american food". They have cheese pepperoni and sausage along with veggie and chicken alfredo and for barbeque fans they have a barbeque chicken that beats California Pizza Kitchens.
Honestly I think they try too  hard.

Might I add that the pizzas aren't very appealing to the eye but they have something in them that makes it so you just cant stop. On Fridays I am pretty sure it is cheaper, and also they have the salad bar and pasta.

1 comment:

  1. The Buffalo Wing pizza sounds delicious! Pizza Pie Cafe in next on my list for dining out. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete